- Current enrollment in the Bachelor’s Degree program in Computer Science at FIU.
- Completed at least 90 credits of coursework.
- Current GPA must be 3.3 or higher.
- GRE general test score of 1000 (verbal and quantitative combined), with a minimum quantitative score of 600.
- International graduate student applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A total score of 80 on the iBT TOEFL or 6.5 overall on the IELTS is required.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Approval of the Graduate Committee.
The FIU Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science must be awarded before the Master’s degree.
Required Courses: (#) : Number of Credits
(3) CEN 5011 Advanced Software Engineering
(3) COP 5725 Principles of Database Management Systems
(3) COP 5614 Operating Systems
(3) COP 5420 Theory of Computation I
(3) COP 5407 Introduction to Algorithms
Required courses must be completed with an average of “B” or higher, and only one course may receive a grade less than “B-“.
5 Elective Courses :
Elective courses can be selected from SCIS Graduate Course Offerings
Up to 4 courses (12 credits) may be used in satisfying both the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree requirements. All overlapping courses must be approved by both graduate and undergraduate program directors before students are enrolled in such courses.
The courses must be regular 5000-level computer science graduate courses intended for graduate majors.